About Me

My photo
I'm Bubbly, Simple but Extra-ordinary. ^^

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chucky


Chucky. He's the famous evil doll that any kid would ever know. My friend thought that he was cute and I was like "NO WAY!" He's ugly to me. I don't really remember how the story went. I watched it when I was about 7 years old or younger. I can't really remember. It's terrifying to watch a doll to kill something. Since then, having a doll that owns eyes like Chucky's, would end up having the rest of its life in my cupboard or in my closet. Every kid that watched Chucky would either become traumatized or get even more aggressive in imagining theirself as a Chucky doll. Kids have wide imagination till there's a time when they think that they can be a Superman. 

I don't think that Chucky's movies are suitable for children because knowing that a child interprets things differently from the adults. They do not know how to differentiate the bad things from the good things around them. Everything that they see, touch or taste may come into their senses and influences their daily activity.

In an adult perspective, Chucky is a sensational horror movie. It is an awesome and unique horror movie. I'm not sure about the way adults interpret it but obviously, adults can think wiser compared to the younger ones.

Chucky brings memories of me and my cousins when we were so afraid to sleep in the room without our parents together with us. We even stayed up late to make sure that there will be no Chucky around. It felt too real to us during that time. Even though it's terrifying and scary in a way, it makes me remember my cousins. Horror movie can sometimes brings the old memories to be remembered. Cheers! ^.^

No comments: